John Johnson was the goalie for the Samwell University Men's Hockey Team. At the beginning of the comic, he was a senior (Class of 2014). He wore jersey #0. Johnson was born in New York, but spent most of his life in Minneapolis.
He is often referred to as The Existential Goalie and says his hobbies include working out, watching sports, and breaking the fourth wall. He's been dating the same girl since his sophomore year.
Johnson made Samwell's 50 Most Beautiful four years in a row, thanks in large part to his killer abs. He gave the senior rep speech at the 2014 hockey banquet. At the end of his senior year, he gave Bitty his room in the Haus with unsolicited dibs. After graduation, he went to wander the Appalachian Trail and find himself.
Since October 2014, Johnson has been 'interning' for Ngozi's Check, Please! Facebook page. He often makes commentary on current and upcoming comics as well as interacting with fans through the page.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Year 1 Comic #21
- ↑ http://omgcheckplease.tumblr.com/post/62287599801
- ↑ http://omgcheckplease.tumblr.com/post/60607175938
- ↑ https://twitter.com/omgcheckplease/status/504025289920638977
- ↑ https://twitter.com/omgcheckplease/status/493462776279736320
- ↑ http://omgcheckplease.tumblr.com/post/106639237762
- ↑ Year 1 Comic #23
- ↑ https://twitter.com/omgcheckplease/status/489463587170054144
- ↑ https://twitter.com/omgcheckplease/status/590618188934684674
- ↑ https://twitter.com/omgcheckplease/status/599916100457988096
- ↑ Year 2 Comic 17
- ↑ http://omgcheckplease.tumblr.com/post/139997076552
- ↑ [http://omgcheckplease.tumblr.com/post/103593165012